If you read a few of the testimonials at bestfishingneworleans.com, one of the first things you’ll notice is that Captain Mike Brantley (also known as the Fishing Fool!) always seems to get the fish. Even when other captains and fishing guides are coming back almost empty-handed, Captain Mike still knows how to find where the fish are biting.
Could be in Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Borgne, or the Biloxi Marsh. Could be in the nearby waterways. Could be any of several species of fish: Sheepshead, Black Drum, Flounder, Speckled Trout, Redfish, or Bass. Whatever the location and whatever the fish, Captain Mike knows how to find what you’re looking for.
So, how is it that an expert fishing guide like Captain Mike Brantley can find the fish so consistently?
It’s a matter of experience and local knowledge. Captain Mike Brantley is part of a fishing family and he’s been fishing the waterways of southern Louisiana since he was a small child.
It’s also a matter of knowing what to look for.
Here are just a few of the factors that go into planning a successful fishing trip:
- Checking the wind forecast for the day in question.
- Checking the tides and water levels.
- Checking for river water.
- Figuring out where the fish will be. For example, speckled trout can be found in different waters at different times of the year, because their behaviors follow a seasonal pattern.
- Knowing what the fish would normally eat based on the time of year.
Those are only a few of the factors; it’s far from an exhaustive list. As you can see, it takes a real expert to consistently find the fish, but “The Fishing Fool” has led many fishing trips with great success. Come join in on this saltwater experience; contact The Fishing Fool today.